Monday, October 6, 2008

my whole story basically

Text message from James. It was late but I couldn’t stop staring at the 3 words, Hey what’s up? It was odd to me; I wondered how he got my number and questioned what his thoughts were behind the text message. I heard about him, my friends were friendly with him that’s how his name was in my contacts however we just never spoke to each other. I couldn’t not answer, so I casually replied yet slowly “hey not much you?”
Since then our relationship grew, just as a rocket ship takes off and shoots up to the sky, James and I in my mind were only heading towards good things. After the many text messages back and forth, he asked what I was doing tonight and if we could possibly meet up. I felt nervous but still willing to get to know him better. Even though I knew we were just friends, I knew what kind of boy he was. I’m not foolish and I know I won’t be part of his sick mind games. He speaks from his penis, not from his heart, overly said by my mom. I’ve recently been cautious, maybe even overly cautious however no way was I going to repeat a chapter from my past again. I thought to myself I need relax; maybe this one will be different.
Ring! Ring! James is calling, I answered, “Hey!”
He replied, “What’s up Jack baby”, as you see he has a sense of humor that I happened to enjoy listening to.
He continued, “I wanted to see if you wanted to come to one of my friend’s parties.”
I smiled and spoke with a curious tone of voice, “Yeah I’ll go, but what time and can I bring a friend with me?”
He responds in such a boy way, “Only if she’s cute babe.”
I respond in such a girl way, “Sounds good babe.” Secretly knowing I’m just making fun of him.
I knew just the person to bring my friend Emma. She was one of my party girls but at the same time one of my best friends. When I looked back over my weekends, she was always there with me creating the most memorable times. I called her and filled her in with every possible detail I could share with her; she was thrilled but also feeling like how I did when I received the invite, nervous. She agreed to be at my house in 20 minutes, so we can get all dolled up together. I cranked up the volume to my stereo and together we laid out all the possible cute and interesting but sexy outfits across my bed. I decided on a black turtleneck dress with red flowers designed beautifully along the dress. When I put the dress on, it rested on my mid-thigh, I felt like people would judge and I think I was dressing as a slut would. Wearing black leggings that squeezed my thighs and actually made them look thinner made me feel more comfortable, so I did just that. To top it all off, I put on my dangling red earrings that had printed on them peace and love and black UGG boots that covered some of my legging. Emma’s outfit was quite the opposite, baggy jeans with holes, and a white low cut t-shirt.

No comments: