Sunday, November 30, 2008
thanksgiving feast, not done yet
The door's open! Beyonce walks in, we make quick conversations, exchange compliments and as were rambling about the upcoming Thanksgiving feast and how it's going to be so delicious .. The door bell rings, Beyonce waits there still and has a dazed look on her face. "Oh welcome Pink! You know Beyonce right?" Both glimpse over at each other, give off a smile, and as it was all planned, spoke out at the same time, "Yes I do, but I had no idea you were coming." My laugh came bursting out. With a wide smile on my face, I said, "Yes you guys didn't but I did!" Once again the bell rang, which interrupted a plan I was just ready to reveal. I look back over at Pink and Beyonce and yell, "Guess who?" They shrug their shoulders, paralyzed for information, I let their anxiety build up as I continued to keep the door closed. I push open the door, and there is Taylor Swift. I watch as their anxiety flushes out of them. All unfamiliar with each-other but at the same time aware of who each are. Each one glances over at me, striving for an explanation, but only I knew this Thanksgiving mystery was only half way over. Yet again, the doorbell rings. This time a new emotion is revealed on each person's face, they seem to be amused with the mystery as they stood there casually waiting. In walks in, Reese Witherspoon and Lil Wayne, however this time I was feeling befuddled. I didn't understand why together they were arriving to my house. Everyone says their hellos. "Welcome everyone, come sit and let me introduce you to my family." All squirmed with impulse to eat as they saw a long wooden table covered inch by inch with assorted platters of foods, and place mats assigned with their names on them. "I'm sure you're wondering why all of you are brought to me on this Thanksgiving. Obviously you know you all took part in a contest challenging people to see who was your greatest fans. Here's when I expect all your mouths to drop, well I got every question about each one of you right, so the rules had to be changed and I was allowed to bring all of you home with me! However, here's the catch I was forbidden to tell you ahead of time so you all had to be surprised at my house. Are you surprised?" "Yes, very surprised!" 'But let's eat!' Cheered by Pink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment