Monday, December 1, 2008

I grip firmly onto the handle bars, the tension increases between the wind and I, the rough waves create a bumpy ride, and I stare out but all I see is the open sea. I teared, my eye sight became blurry as I amplified the speed to feel more like I’m fulfilling my adventure. Suddenly the feeling of reality washed away as I just idealized everything around me. I thought many times it was the waves that was guiding me through, not me.
Shortly after I realized I was alone, just me and the sea, I decided to head towards the shore where my friends were near. I was gliding full speed against the waves and I felt the Jet Ski dig deep into the sea. I shifted my handlebars to the right as I prepared for my turn against the waves, and I felt my body start to stumble and lose balance. Where my feet was placed had gotten too wet to grip onto, and I barely had control of my hands on the handle bars. My panics and feeling uneasy quickly distracted me. In a split second, there I was thrown off with the jet ski long gone, no life jacket, and no one to reassure me everything is going to be okay.I squirm around as sea weed inches its way towards my body. I'm loosing my breath, and I'm indecisive. I yell out names and I let out my piercing screams but my cries are helpless, they just fade off. I receive nothing, my hope is now tangled into nothing. I felt a vibration rise from underneath and repeating waves crashing along the surface. Suddenly I see part of a sail boat heading in my direction; I wave my arms around frantically, and my desperation shines clearly through. At this point my energy has vanished and I’m digging deep inside to keep my feet moving while keeping my hands up high. I feel frail, pathetic, and my muscles are giving up. All I can think of is I lost. I feel my body slipping away into the sea until sudden screams attack my ear drum. "Jackie, Jackie, Jackie!" Each scream becomes closer and closer, until the lifeguards spot me. It was a blur from there on, they caught me right in time. I'm alive but every inch of me is bruised.

No comments: